Integration with Confluent’s KSQL Enables Streaming Visualizations on Apache Kafka™ Topics
Kafka Summit, August 28, 2017, San Francisco, CA — Arcadia Data, provider of the first native visual analytics software for big data, today announced upcoming support for KSQL, a new technology for continuous, interactive queries on Kafka topics via SQL, which was announced today by Confluent. The integration gives all users advanced visualizations for streaming data use cases, specifically around alerts and time-based data exploration (and drill downs). The integration will be available in Arcadia Enterprise later this year.
Industries ranging from financial services to automotive can deploy analytical applications with real-time requirements in critical initiatives including:
- Predictive maintenance. Companies with specialized products and machinery need easier ways to identify impending failures that result in significant losses. Visualizations on streaming data allows analysts to see trends and patterns that lead to failure, so equipment can be repaired or replaced before the failure occurs.
- Financial services risk reporting. With real-time analysis, banks are able to get an immediate understanding of capital market risk, and can make quick decisions about asset allocation and continuously ensure compliance.
- Data quality checks. By identifying data quality issues earlier in the pipeline as data is coming in, businesses can avoid costly downstream errors that lead to bad or delayed decisions. Checks are run on each input source to uncover problems up front and resolve issues faster.
Thanks to the Internet of Things (IoT), today’s organizations are leveraging massive volumes of fast-moving data unlike ever before. However, since most existing IoT analytics technologies are developer-oriented, only data engineers or data scientists obtain business value from streaming data, and only with significant IT intervention. With the KSQL integration, Arcadia Enterprise unlocks the value of IoT analytics to business analysts and lets any user directly query the streaming data sets, or “topics,” in Apache Kafka, a leading technology for managing real-time data. KSQL leverages the popular SQL query language to run analytics on data-in-motion, so Arcadia Enterprise can more easily query real-time data combined with historical data in consolidated visualizations. Unlike legacy business intelligence tools that require manual refreshes on constantly changing data, Arcadia Enterprise leverages the push-based model of Kafka to deliver true real-time visualizations.
“Arcadia Data has pioneered native visual analytics on any big data, including Apache Kafka streams,” said Shant Hovsepian, CTO of Arcadia Data. “Our architecture enables the upcoming integration with Confluent’s KSQL to deliver true real-time visualizations with drill downs and alerting, without the need for intermediate databases. We are pleased to partner with Confluent to support this exciting new product.”
The integration with KSQL will enable Arcadia Data users the ability to:
- Browse real-time streaming data in the form of Kafka topics via drag and drop querying;
- Get native visual analytics on real-time streaming data;
- Analyze data earlier in the pipeline in a self-service manner, i.e., without data modeling/transformation;
- Combine historical and real-time analysis in unified analytical applications; and
- Run visualization-based use cases around alerting and historical/real-time drill down analytics.
“With the introduction of KSQL, now anyone who is familiar with SQL can do stream processing on Apache Kafka,” said Neha Narkhede, co-founder and CTO at Confluent. “By providing visual analytics, Arcadia Data is giving users another layer to derive value from data, and we’re excited to partner with them on this effort.”
“Real-time insights are vital for our business as they directly impact our ability to become a industry leading digital organisation,” said Alasdair Anderson, EVP at Nordea Bank. “We are pleased that Arcadia Data teamed up with Confluent to offer us this integration and look forward to integrating it within our data strategy.”
As a sponsor of the Kafka Summit, the premier technical event for developers, operators, data scientists and executives who are building streaming platforms across their organizations and developing stream processing applications, Arcadia Data will be present with an exhibit booth on August 28th.
Learn more about streaming analytics in data lakes in this webinar with 451 Research, Accelerating Data Lakes and Streams with Real-time Analytics.
Learn more about our upcoming integration on the Arcadia Data streaming visualizations product page.
Learn more about KSQL on the Confluent product page.
About Arcadia Data
Arcadia Data provides the first native visual analytics software that runs within modern data platforms for the scale, flexibility, performance and security users need to glean meaningful and real-time business insights and design data-centric applications in the era of big data and IoT. Arcadia Enterprise is purpose-built to analyze large volumes of data without moving it, filling the gap between self-service BI and advanced analytics for use cases like cyber security, connected devices, and customer intelligence. The Arcadia Data platform is deployed by some of the world’s leading brands, including Procter & Gamble, HPE, Royal Bank of Canada, Kaiser Permanente and Neustar. To learn more, visit Arcadia at www.arcadiadata.com. Follow Arcadia Data at @ArcadiaData.