Strata Data Conference San Jose
March 5 - 8, 2018
Will you be at Strata San Jose?
Come say "Hi" to us at Booth #1423 at the Strata Data Conference, the largest gathering of big data leaders and innovators. Join us from March 5 - 8 to learn about cutting-edge and experience proven technologies.
Here are some highlights from the Strata San Jose 2018 schedule:
- Meet with our team. Whether you are ready to kick off a visual analytics project or have technical questions for our engineers, swing by our booth or request a meeting in advance.
- What's the best way to deliver analytics? Listen to a panel of industry experts as they discuss the pros and cons of a number of data architectures, deployment strategies, and more.
- See what sets Procter & Gamble (P&G) apart Arcadia Data customer P&G will provide insight into their modern analytics architecture and how it differs from traditional approaches.
- Still need to sign up for Strata? Register now and use promo code Arcadia20 for a 20 percent discount.
- Can’t make it to Strata this time? Download Arcadia Instant and maybe you’ll be speaking on behalf of Arcadia Data at Strata next year!
Let us know what day you want to meet and we will contact you to set up a convenient time:
Don't miss out on this talk from one of the Arcadia Data Co-Founders:
CTO & Co-Founder
Executive Briefing: BI on Big Data
11:00am–11:40am Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Location: 210 A/E
If your goal is to provide data to an analyst rather than a data scientist, what’s the best way to deliver analytics? There are 70+ BI tools in the market and a dozen or more SQL- or OLAP-on-Hadoop open source projects. A panel of experts details the trade-offs between a number of architectures that provide self-service access to data, and industry researcher Mark Madsen discusses the pros and cons of architectures, deployment strategies, and customer examples of BI on big data.
- Traditional BI platforms based on semantic layers and SQL/MDX generation
- Server and desktop BI tools based on direct mapping of data
- Distributed BI platforms (e.g., MPP and data native)
- OLAP- and SQL-on-Hadoop engines
Don't miss out on this talk from our friends at Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble
BI and Big Data Convergence in Modern Cloud Architecture
Sponsored by Arcadia Data
4:20pm–5:00pm Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Location: LL20 B
Join Terry McFadden as he offers an overview of P&G's modern analytics architecture and explains how it is different from traditional approaches.
- How the modern data lake compares to the old atomic data layer
- How cloud technologies like object stores can enable flexible BI workloads
- The impact on ETL workloads with modified filesystem semantics of object stores
- The explosion in possibilities of analytics and data science workloads with cheap ad hoc clusters in the cloud