Who we are:
Arcadia Data is a well-funded series-A startup in the big data visualization and analytics space. We have an outstanding team that is innovative, technically skilled, highly motivated, and fun. We work hard, we have a great time doing it, and we take work-life balance seriously.
We are based in San Mateo CA and Campbell CA, offer flexible working hours, a positive work environment, stock options, challenging work, excellent growth potential, plus both scheduled and unscheduled catered events.
Who you are:
You are passionate about providing a consistent and excellent user experience and work closely with product and backend teams to ensure overall product quality.
You take ownership of what you deliver. You have experience in making design decisions and development tradeoffs. Good communications skills allow you to articulate your decisions to the rest of the team and by open to constructive feedback, guidance, and the compromises that are required within the larger project. You can manage multiple work-streams and transition tasks to others or proactively pick up new ones as needed.
If this describes you and the environment you are looking for, we would love for you to join our growing team at Arcadia Data.
This is a senior position within the Arcadia Data UI development team. While this is first and foremost a hands-on development position, the expectation for this position is to play an active role in architectural and technological decisions plus contribute to team development, leadership, and mentoring.
- HTML, CSS, DOM structure and browser execution environment
- jQuery environment
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Being helpful, keeping a positive and hard-working attitude, learn new technologies and share that knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Good to have:
- D3 or a similar graphics library
- Understanding of SQL and data analytics
- Python/Django webserver experience
- Hadoop ecosystem familiarity
- Leadership/mentoring role