As a Senior Sales Engineer based out of our New York City office, your focus will be to support our sales efforts on the East Coast and in the Financial Services Sector.
You will be expected to be a primary technical resource for the Enterprise Field Sales team, be the key technical advisor/evangelist and advocate for the product and services, answer technical questions from customers, articulate the company’s value proposition to both business and technical users.
Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers’ technical staff as you identify and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of the sales process. You will also demonstrate the products and services/solution offering to customers on site, remotely via webinars, and at field marketing events as well as responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- 3-7 years experience in technically selling and supporting enterprise software products.
- Experience in BI-Business Intelligence or BigData/Hadoop
- Basic knowledge of database query language (SQL) and reporting
- Experience with Linux/Unix based scripting (Perl, Python, Shell)
- Experience with Networking, Server, Application, IT management, and Web technologies.
- Experience with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance.
- Self-motivated and have a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization and rapidly expanding customer base.
- Possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and written reports
- Be organized and analytical, and eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ArcadiaData is a well-funded pre-IPO company in the big data visualization/analytics arena offering BI on Hadoop.