Who you are:
Ideally you are a database engineer with experience in SQL parsing and query execution planning but more important than direct experience in this area is an ability to work with complex data structures within a large system and a solid understanding of data processing, scaling, and efficiency.
You take ownership of what you deliver. You expect to make design decisions and development tradeoffs. You can backup your decisions but are fine with external input, guidance, and the compromises that are required within the larger project. You are happy to both hand off projects to others or pick them up as needed.
If this describes you and the environment you are looking for, we would love for you to join our growing team at Arcadia Data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent – Masters in CS preferred.
- Advanced coding skills in Java and C or C++, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Query processing (including query compilation, optimization and execution, distributed queries).
- Experience with Hadoop and Analytic engines on Hadoop.
- Query performance and tuning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
All experience levels (fresh grads to senior engineers with industry experience) are welcome.