Arcadia Data, provider of the first visual analytics and BI software native to big data, will be hosting a webinar with experts from Evolved Media and MapR on March 28. The webinar, “Data Lakes Are Worth Saving,” will begin at 10:00 a.m. PDT and will examine why data lakes have failed over the years, how to avoid those failures and will discuss the key challenges to overcome when creating your data lake strategy. Registration for the webinar is available here.
Data lakes started as a place for big data discovery and exploration for highly technical users. But leading organizations have evolved data lakes to support a wide variety of business use cases, assisted by machine learning and artificial intelligence, visual analytics, BI tools, and other methods. The data native concept helps explain how big data should be used, particularly for data lakes. But so many attempts at building data lakes have failed due to mismatches in process and technology.
What: A webinar looking at the brief history of data lakes and why they should be saved. The discussion will dive into the world of data lakes, dissecting:
- Why and how data lakes have failed over the years
- What key analytic and data governance capabilities you should aspire to have in your data lake
- Key challenges to overcome
- Principles to consider for your data lake strategy
- Jack Norris, SVP of data and applications at MapR;
- Dan Woods, CEO of Evolved Media and chief analyst at Early Adopter Research; and,
- Steve Wooledge, VP of marketing at Arcadia Data.
When: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. PDT/1:00 p.m. EDT/ 6:00 p.m. BST
Where: Data Lakes Are Worth Saving
Learn more about Arcadia Enterprise, or find out how Arcadia Data can help you maximize the full potential of your data lake, by visiting https://www.arcadiadata.com/solutions/data-lake/.